Sunday 19 October 2008

Hiya!

Hi and welcome to my blog!

I have started this blog to record the progress of my new hobby, Motorcycle Enduro Racing. Enduro`s are similar to Motocross which some of you might be familiar, its basically an off road race over rough terrain and through wooded areas. Races are held against the clock and usually a set number of laps are required to be completed to be classed as a "finisher". I have chosen to start this as a hobby as I needed something to occupy my spare time and keep me fit, and so far I have been flat out and knackered, so it seems to be working! I also wanted a bike on the road so I have decided to combine the two things and have some fun at the same time! I used to ride in Motorcycle Trials and enjoyed this but wanted more of a "speed fix" so enduro`s seemed the way to go!

First thing was to buy a bike....Ebay and a couple of beers later and i'm the proud(!?) owner of a 1994 Aprilia RX 125.....in lots of bits! There were a few bits missing but as I am an Engineer by trade I will sort out and modify whatever bits I come across and hopefully improve the base bike as I go...watch this space! I will Keep regular updates as to the progress of the bike and will include race results if and when they come! Hope you are still awake, if so I will now start the story with building the bike! (bear with me, this might take some time.......!)

No comments: